- Videos - * More Coming Soon! *
- Articles - * More Coming Soon! *
- Kong Stuffing - Does your dog need help expending extra energy? Does he chew on inappropriate items? Stuffing kongs might help!
- Rules of Tug - Games of tug can be a great game as long as you remain in control.
- Picking a Breeder - Adopting a new dog is a big commitment. If you have decided to buy a puppy from a breeder you should make sure you find a reputable breeder. Here are some tips and questions to ask breeders.
- Recommended Reading
- Must haves for all dog owners!
- Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson - a great book with lots of information on general dog behavior and manners.
- Don't Shoot the Dog by Karen Pryor- another great book with lots of general behavior and learning information.
- On Talking Terms With Dogs: Calming Signals by Turid Rugaas - A must have for all dog owners. It's an easy read with tons of great information on reading your dog's body language.
- Control Unleashed by Leslie McDevitt - A great book on building focus in the distracted, stressed or confident dog. It has an agility focus, but the concepts apply to regular life as well!
- Clicker Training
- Quick Clicks by Mandy Book and Cheryl Smith - A wonderful book with step by step information on clicker training several behaviors.
- Click for Joy by Melissa Alexander - Another great clicker training book
- Behavior Problems
- The Cautious Canine by Patricia McConnell - A great book on working with shy or fearful dogs.
- Mine by Jean Donaldson - A book with detailed plans for working on guarding issues in pet dogs.
- Bones Would Rain From the Sky by Suzanne Clothier - A great read on your relationship with your dog.
- The Other End of the Leash - by Patricia McConnell - A great book on your relationship with your dog focusing on you your dog views the world and how you can use that to better communicate with your dog.